1. Tomorrow is Ty’s last day of elementary school ever. Yesterday we went to his end of 5th grade award ceremony and it was bittersweet. He got 5 awards including being voted as a “promise keeper” by his peers. The little kids and I went and had lunch with him before the awards and I got to meet Ty’s girlfriend. I was pleasantly surprised when she walked right up to the lunch table, put her hand out to shake mine and introduced herself. She sat across from me and we chatted, super sweet kid. I am still not ready for this phase to begin, but I like her more than I thought I would. I certainly didn’t have that confidence, I was scared to death the first time I met my first boyfriends parents. Like, want to crawl into my own skin or run away and hide, kind of scared. I was 14, but I was also pretty shy.
2. Ty’s birthday is this weekend. I will have a TWELVE year old. Huh. Really? Wow. The last year before the word “teen” gets affixed to everything age related until he’s twenty.
3. The little ones and I are heading out to buy lots of party stuff for this weekend. Taryn’s mission is party hats. I’m pretty sure Teagan is just in it for the cake. Me, I’m just in denial about being old enough to have a twelve year old.
4. Are y’all ready for a baby boom around here? I’m on call for not one, not two, but three births right now. We’re gonna have babies babies everywhere and I cannot wait!
5. When we were at Ty’s school yesterday, we walked past the kindergartners and I was shocked to see that Taryn is taller than 90% of them. There they were, carrying their little lunch trays, standing in a line, opening their own milks, doing the whole experienced kindergartner thing and they were all littler than my girl. She’ll be there before we know it. I think I’m just feeling exceptionally old this week.
6. I’ve been getting a ton of proofing done this week too. Love this one…
7. and this one…
9. gotta love this one too….
10. Hey look, I made it to 10 and its not even Tuesday!
Oh…I am right there with you and feel your pain. My son turned twelve today and I am in complete denial. How did he get to be twelve??? He also just finished up 5th grade and is moving on to the middle school. I’m not ready for him to grow up. And…just a little something to make you laugh…today (on his 12th birthday) he came up to me and asked if I could check and see if he has any armpit hair. HA HA At least he is excited about growing up, even if his mom is ready for it.
I just wanted to comment real quick as I head out the doors- Its great that you are so busy! Also I love those pictures too 🙂 Have a great day!
I have a question for Ty…what exactly does an almost twelve year old do with a girlfriend? I’m curious! :o) Love all the photos!
haha, megan, his answer is “i don’t know, i can’t describe it to you mom” LOL I asked what “going out” means since they don’t “go” anywhere together. My guess is that its a social status thing at school, they don’t eat lunch together, or hold hands, but they do hang out on the playground together during recess. Thankfully, for my sake, there is no phone involved yet.
Soooo glad you’re hangin’ tough Lyndsay!! I just read below about everything that’s happened — h.o.l.y.c.o.w. People are unbelievable!!!! But you rock and I love catchin’ your blog so I’m glad you’re still posting 🙂
So funny! I am embarrassed to think of how ridiculous I was when I was younger, too. Things just seem SO important at the time. I’m sure he is a great boyfriend, though. :o)