1. I swear I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth. I’m here. Working away. Feeding my family healthy (and time consuming) food, finding a new level of health not only for my children, but also, finally, for myself (also very time consuming) and appreciating all the support and love my family has thrown my way.
2. On Mother’s Day. I woke up to Teagan standing at our bedroom door yelling “How I got all wet?! Why I all wet?!” It was a little accusing. His diaper leaked and the poor kid was wet up to his chin. I think he was a bit paranoid since every now and then we’ll sneak in to the bathroom while Ty is showering and dump cold ice water over the curtain rod. Taryn and Teagan think this is hilarious. Ty does not. It brings back awesome memories of my childhood. My step-dad is a pretty quiet and reserved guy but every now and then while my mom was showering I’d see him with a big cup of ice water trudging up the stairs laughing under this breath. Then I’d hear a high pitched scream, at least one curse word and then down he’d come cracking up laughing even harder. Good times. I sure did miss my mom on Mother’s Day.
3. My one Mother’s Day wish was to have a photo of me and the kids together. It has been a really long time since one was taken. The group photo was a fail (5 letters, starts with T, ends with N and has blonde hair on top) but Jase did so great and caught some wonderful shots that I know I’ll treasure forever. This makes my heart smile so big I can barely take it.
4. My mom crinkles her nose just like I do. It always reminds me of her when I see it. My girl and I are planning a trip to NOLA in a few weeks to visit my mom. A girls weekend away, just us. I absolutely cannot wait. I miss traveling so very much, but it just isn’t possible with Teagan. Even with just Taryn it will be a challenge with her food allergies but I think we can do it. I’m going to give it my best shot….I miss my mom something fierce. I never dreamed when we moved here that we wouldn’t be able to travel as a family anymore. Hard, very hard. It makes this trip for girls all the more sweet though too.
5. Teagan’s new favorite phrase is “Why Come?” Love it.
6. I am totally humbled that over 30 people applied for the position open with birthphotographers.com. So many very qualified people, I predict having a hard time choosing just the right person. Soon, very soon! This is such an exciting time for birthphotographers.com.
7. I’ve totally fallen off my one frame a day wagon. I’m sad about it. I do have a few photos to post. Man I did so good for awhile. And then I was forced to address some health issues and my days got full and long the camera and every day moments got lost. I hope to return to it soon and forgive myself in the process.
8. Duder has been doing really great. He’s healthier than ever right now and it has been so amazing to watch. I’m so very proud of him and all of his progress.
9. I have been an entire month without any sugar at all. No carbs, no dairy, no gluten, no processed foods, no red meat, no fruit. Organic veggies, chicken, fish, eggs. lentils and rice and that is about it. I thought it would be hell to eat like this, but it hasn’t been that bad. It really hasn’t. The food has been the easy part. I’ll explain more on my personal blog soon. That photo up there, that is the first time in years I haven’t touched up a double chin on myself in a photo. 53 lbs lost in the last 11 months and still making progress each day.
10. Maggie is big. I caught some adorable photos of Maggie and Teagan today, I just need time to proof them. Huge, I tell ya.