((((I wrote this 10 on Tuesday on an actual Tuesday, just moments before my laptop took a swim in latte. My new imac is up and running and I’m slowly but surely catching up. Thanks for hanging in there with me and sending along a few laughs and a few hugs in your comments!))))…….
1. Our Thanksgiving was quiet. And thankful. Can’t ask for much more than that.
2. We finished Teagan’s big boy room. I love it. Really, really love it. I need to get around to taking some pics of it. We had Teagan and Ty switch rooms because Ty has outgrown the twin size bed. And because that furniture fit in that room, the boys had to switch. Ty got a bigger bed and we’ll totally redo his room after the holidays, complete with custom made bedframe/headboard, a project Jason and Ty will work on together. Last night was his very first night in a big old twin sized bed. He looked so big and so tiny all at the same time. It made my mommy heart ache and swell. Motherhood is so crazy sometimes.
3. As a result of moving the boys, we are currently getting rid of Teagan’s baby/toddler furniture. Including this bed and this dresser and hutch. If you are local and interested in purchasing either one, drop me an email at lstradtner at mac dot com.
4. I love the way Taryn says refrigerator. “frig-E-ate-her” real fast. We all find ways to bring up the word refrigerator in conversation with her multiple times daily. I’ll be sad when she says proper.
5. This makes me go awwwww….clean babies, matching buzz jammies and one big old smooch…..
6. We went to Miss A’s first birthday party this weekend. Can you even believe she’s a year old already?! It feels like just yesterday that she was born. On our way out the door I may have mentioned something about Miss A and Teagan being betrothed. Jason may have reminded me that there are no arranged marriages in our family. And I may have told him to mind his own business. Besides, the two little love birds were checking each other out, I saw it with my own two eyes.
7. There was also talk at the party of the return of Bob & Twink….and I heard a rumor over appetizers that Bob is out of rehab and there “might” be a lady friend for one of the elves this year…..I wonder if that’s true?!?
8. Reading Teagan a story now takes for.ev.er. Every single thing he sees on a page = “wha dat??” The other night Jason was reading him a story abour the birth of Jesus. The scene went something like this:
Teagan: Daddy! Wha dat?
Daddy: That’s a camel Teagan. Reads 2 more words….
Teagan: Daddy! Daddy! Wha dat?
Daddy: That’s the camel’s hoof. Reads 2 more words…
Teagan: Daddy! Daddy! Wha dat?
Daddy: That’s the camel’s other hoof. Reads 2 more words…
Teagan: Daddy! Daddy! Wha dat?
Daddy: That’s the camel’s other hoof. ((Silently thanking God for only giving camels 4 legs and determined to move on, he reads 4 more words))…
Teagan: Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! (turns around and squeezes Jason’s cheeks in his hands about a millimeter from being nose to nose)….DADDY!!!!!!!! WHA DAT!?!?
Daddy: Cracks up….
9. Our advent calendars are out of control this year. Each child has one. Ty a store bought one. Taryn a homemade one similar to this and Teagan gets this one. I just couldn’t face the “is it my turn today battles” for the next 25 days. So I decided to avoid the whole sharing thing all together and do one for each of them. Yes, this probably means I’m a wuss for opting out of the whole “sharing lesson” but it helps keep me merry & bright 😉
10. You know what I love about Ty? I asked him if he would be interested in one of the electronic hand held gadgets that allows you to download books and read them on the screen and he said NO. No. Guess why?!?! Cause “he loves the way a book and the pages feel in his hands”. He’s 12. And he said that. And I love him.
and here is #11 just for good measure……Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!! GEAUX SAINTS! WHO DAT!!!!
and #12 too – we are expecting SNOW!!!! tomorrow….can you believe that?!? The kids are beyond excited!! I will admit I am too!!!
I think Taryn and my 4 yr. old daughter would get along great. Brooklyn has a ton of boy pajamas because she loves dinosaurs and cars, and other so called “boy” things. I’m fine with because I’ll have hand me downs for her younger brother. And being able to get matching is just priceless.
I was wondering about your elf on the shelf. It was all you and your elf that made me go out and get one for our family. I tell people all the time about how crazy your elf was. I can still crack myself up just thinking about it.
Welcome “back”!! Love the picture of T&T; I can’t believe how big he’s getting!!!!!
L, I have no idea how Bob & Twink are going to be able to top last year!
me and you both. let’s not try….the pressure is too great lol
I feel the same way about books, especially library books and they way they crinkle. He rocks!
Love that Ty! I’m a real book girl myself. 😀
My son calls deer “camels”. Big camels, little camels, the dog chases the camels, the dog has an owie from chasing the camel into the tree. It took us awhile to figure out why he kept saying “camel” and pointing outside – we live in the Sierra Nevada foothills so the deer come up to our door. Anyways, the point is that he started calling deer “camels” after reading a book with camels. Kids are too funny!
Good for you for having three advent calendars!! I need to break down and do that because, here on only December 3rd for crying out loud, I’m over the “It’s my turn!!” already, too!
I’m jealous of your more real snow threat than ours. Really? Can southern Louisiana really get snow two years in a row and on almost the same day? I seriously doubt it, but I’m hoping anyway.
And, most importantly, WHO DAT! right back at ya! 🙂
I love # 10. What a great thing to say. I feel the same way. A book is a magical thing. It’s not just words it the whole experience. Boy, I sound like such a nerd!
I just want you to know how much I LOVE and look forward to your 10 on Tuesday posts!!! I was so inspired that I started a 5 on Friday on my own blog… but its HARD!! Some weeks I can come up with Five right away and some Friday’s its a HUGE big Ordeal!! Mine don’t hold a candle to yours but I love reading them and I have had TONS of people say they come to my site just to read my 5 on Friday’s!! I thank you so much for your inspiration!!!