1. Taryn shocked us all just 1 day after breaking her arm when she sat down and wrote out the entire alphabet with ease with her left hand. She’s right handed!
Jase was watching her and told her how “awesome” she is that she can do that. Still on a lot of pain meds, she absolutely fell apart…..”d-d-d-d-d-d-don’t c-c-c-c-c-c-call meeeee awe-some”. Poor girl, she had an emotional few days that required lots of love, hugs and an unreal amount of patience.
2. This little one is still having a hard time adjusting to one nap a day. And by hard time, I mean, falls asleep in random places all over the house mid morning. This is one of the more cozy little spots we’ve found him recently.
3. I should have never told my husband that I don’t like the word “moist”. He now works it in to every.single.conversation. And if that wasn’t bad enough, he found himself taking an iphone photo of the word “moist” on a shampoo bottle at the grocery store and emailed it to me. Boys, ugh!!
4. When we were in the ER for Taryn’s broken arm, they had to put her under anesthesia to set her arm, move the bones and put the cast on. If you’ve never seen a cast being put on, it’s quite the process. I was honesty surprised when the ortho pulled out what looked like a circular saw to cut the side of the cast down the width of her arm to allow room for the arm to swell as it begins to heal. It’s just a horrible sound. About an hour after Taryn came to, she asked us what happened to the ‘vacuum cleaner’? What vacuum cleaner? The loud one, you know, when everything was all spinning around! They didn’t even clean up this mess?? (pointing to the white dust all over her shirt).
5. Here is a photo of my girl in her new, shiny, red cast.
The swelling is down, her fingers are once again a normal color and she’s smiling again. She chose red in honor of my mom, her fave color is red and Taryn heard she once had a red cast herself. She’ll be in this cast for another 3 weeks then they will change it out to just a forearm cast for another 3 weeks to give her elbow some mobility.
6. It only took approximately 18 hours for the cast to become a weapon used to defend herself from her little (pesky) brother. Teagan is not a fan of the cast upside the head. Did that stop him from pestering his sister…..uhmmmm…..no.
7. How cute is this website, the funky lunch. I suddenly feel so lunch inadequate and boring.
8. The Life in Motion facebook fan page has over 530 fans! Crazy!! I don’t know that many people!! 😉
9. Did you know that you can create a font with your very own handwriting? Check it out, pretty cool!
10. I’m having a hard time purchasing halloween costumes this year. Taryn changes her mind on what she wants to be daily and I can’t find anything I love for Teagan. What are your kiddos going to be??
And a quick wave hello to my mom, she and my step-dad, Larry, landed in Colorado today for what will be his 9th spinal surgery. A previously repaired area has re-fractured and is putting pressure on his spinal cord. Mom, I’m thinking of you guys and hoping for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery. Love you!
I’m so glad to see Taryn smiling again. What a beautiful, happy little girl!!!!
love your ten on Tuesday…so funny! My daughter wants to be a candy corn queen but I am trying to persuade her to be Twister(the game). I think I will lose:( My son is going as Micheal Jackson(billy jean) and my youngest son is going as the Flash. Last year my middle son went as the Bachelor. He wore a suit and tie and carried a rose…he really enjoyed the attention. Good luck on your costumes.
Teagan looks so cute there!! I have to say, I’m jealous! I never had a child that would fall asleep anywhere but their own bed, especially at that age! None of mine went to one nap until about 18-20 months either and I ran with that!! 🙂
I am having the same problem..I think she might be a ballerina since I just spent a bunch of money on dance tights.
I feel so bad for Taryn (and you!). We had the same thing happen to us last week. Nathan fell off of a swing and broke his arm. He wanted a pretty pink cast, but we “compromised” on blue. Hopefully both of our kiddos’ casts will be off before we know it! Bathtime is hard, huh?
My dd is going to be a monkey. I got the costume from The Children’s Place. I didn’t love it, but my dh did, so we got. She loves it, and looks so adorable! I really wanted to get her the peacock costume from baby style, but it was out of our price range on ebay. Did we (the blog world) every find out what Taryn’s new color is? I don’t remember seeing the debut.
Jayden just looked at Taryn’s picture and said “Pretty!”. I’m starting to believe he has a thing for blondes…lol
I hate the word moist too!! I also hate ointment and panties (literally just gave myself chills typing those words)… you can imagine the fun my husband has with those combinations! I feel your pain!
Boys will be boys…..good thing Taryn is in better spirits :). Hannah is going to be Dorothy and our new 8 week old puppy is going to be Toto. I’m trying to convince the DH to be a lollipop kid (from Munchin Land). 🙂
My 2 girls (4 months & 18 months) are going to be twin Bumble Bees from Gymboree…..I couldn’t resist! My son is either going to be the Muscle Man from Gymboree or the Pirate from Childrens Place. So far he is leaning towards a Pirate. He is 4.
Wow, Taryn is ambidextrous! isn’t facebook intriguing? we have over 980 fans at tokman imagez now, however Leilani maintains that’s only about 1/4 of her actual number of cousins!!
my first post as a long-time lurker but i love your photos, your kids are adorable, and i also HATE HATE HATE the word “moist”!! glad to know i’m not the only one 🙂