1. I woke up to a rude awakening of toddlers yelling directly into the monitor over who called who stupid at 5:03 am. Maybe room sharing was a total dream…..sigh. For the record, it was the duder. We’re working on ridding his vocabulary of the word “doo-pid” and it makes me crazy. I don’t like that word at all. It went something like this:
Taryn: MAAAAAWWWWM! Teagan called me stupid!!
Teagan: No I didn’t!
Taryn: Yes you did Teagan!
Teagan: No I didn’t! Doo-Pid.
5:03 am. Sigh.
2. I made homemade, from scratch, banana bread on Monday with the kids only to leave it in the oven too long and burn it. It smelled soooooo good. And it was in the shape of little pumpkins. Total bummer.
3. Duder ran up to me when I got home from errands this afternoon with a big “I miss you SO SO much mommy!” God, I love him. Being able to talk again rocks.
4. Had Taryn’s parent / teacher conference today. I adore her teacher, absolutely adore her. She gets Taryn. Taryn is complicated, fabulous, yet complicated, so I really love that her teacher gets her.
5. I really want to make these cute little guys. And maybe a robot or two. Duder likes robots.
6. I also want to make these. My kids love bubble wrap.
7. And especially this.
8. Last year Jase did all kinds of fun fall crafts with the kids. I keep hoping he’ll pick that up again this year. They did some cool stuff last year!
9. I’m kind of bummed about the kids Halloween costumes this year….they are just so….typical. Oh well, gone are the days I got to choose I suppose. I wish we could do a family theme but I gave up on that idea when it was suggested I go as Little Bo Peep. Not a chance. Although…..if I agreed to it I would get to see my husband dressed up as Rex the dinosaur and run around saying “I don’t like confrontations!” and “my little arms” and “rhhhhaaarrrrr….were you scared?!”
10. This totally cracks me up, I love it. There might be one tucked away in my house somewhere. And I might even share it with one of the children on Halloween. Might being the keyword. Cause I might keep it to myself too. I think it makes the perfect grab bag for treats or little trinkets at the end of a session. Much, much better than the brown paper bag I’ve been using!