1. Did I mention I recently switched from Canon to Nikon. Tis true and I LOVE it. I’m not so good and change and I’m still fumbling around with the buttons and figuring out where things are, but I truly do love it.
2. We cut off our home phone in the name of saving money. We rarely used it and it seemed like every time it rang it was someone trying to sell us something. Family, friends and clients, please use our cell numbers from here on out!
3. We canceled our cable service yesterday too. I honestly don’t think it will change our lives all that much. I will miss the sweet 24 minutes of peace Mickey Mouse Clubhouse gave me each morning to take a shower in peace, and Ty will miss Idiot Abroad but other than that, because we got Netflix through the Wii, I don’t think we will miss it all that much. Truly, we barely ever watch it.
4. Wait. Football. Holy *&^%!!….Football….we can do this for a few months until football returns but then what?! Just took my mini freakout to my husband and he assures me an antenna will be enough. I’m not so sure….damn you Dave Ramsey!
5. Taryn was home from school today with a mild low grade fever. I have no clue why. And while I don’t want her to be sick, I loved having her at home with me and the duder and I loved having another day to work in talk of food and allergies and changes cause man is this hard.
6. I watched the movie Babies again today. Taryn and Teagan watched it for the first time and loved it. Although Taryn was very concerned about babies in the dirt eating things off the floor. She may or may not have yelled the 10 second rule at the TV.
7. She got that from her Daddy. I know this because I have a 0 second rule.
8. Do you believe genetically modified food should be labeled? MSNBC is taking a poll and you can vote here.
9. Do you struggle with skin tones? I think we all have at some point. Check out this free little tutorial: Michelle Kane’s Definitive Guide to Great Skin Tones.
10. Uhm, wait, is it really March?! How did that happen??
#3 and 4… my husband and I did the same thing… we just didn’t watch enough TV to make it worth it… not more than than the regular channels you can get on an Antenna. With Netflix you should be able to find a longer show and get a longer bath in there ha! An antenna that picks up abc, fox, cbs, nbc SHOULD cover all of your major football teams 🙂 LOVE your work and blog!
First time comment…long time ‘follower’. 🙂 Love your work.
#1 – I’m about to upgrade my Nikon, love it. Would love to know which Nikon you have.
#2 – We have been without cable now for over a year (Thanks to Mr. Ramsey!). We have made it thru…even without football. However, the web site: channelsurf.eu has saved us immensely, as it a bunch of links to live streams. So, during football season there is a mile long list of NCAA/NFL links for you to watch games. It is not 100% fool proof, as sometimes the links don’t work…but more times than not, we get to watch what we want. 🙂
Have a great week! 🙂
I love your work it’s amazing! Really awesome! Which Nikon did you switch too? Seems like many are switching to Nikon these days 🙂 Anyway, I just looooove your work!
You are awesome! We will do #2 in August when our contract with T-Mobile @ Home is up. Can’t bring myself to do #3 yet, but did switch to Dish and am saving a ton! Thanks to Dave Ramsey 🙂 However, local friend just did #3 and loves http://www.hulu.com to catch up on her shows. Thought I would share!
We haven’t had a home phone in years, and I really don’t miss it even a tiny bit. Now, cable on the other hand, I think I would miss! 🙂 Good for you guys, that’s a ton of money saved every month!