Ty was off visiting my mom for a few weeks in June. First order of business once he got home was to pass out gifts to the little kids and get on the floor to snuggle Jonah. Obviously, he was missed.
Backtracking a bit and catching up on posting photographs from July. My little firecracker loved the fireworks on the 4th of July. We decided to watch the Leander show just a few miles from our house. I was on call for a birth so we parked on the outskirts for easy escape if I got called in. It was perfect. Jonah sat on my lap and watched in awe. Taryn sat with Jase, Jude sat with Ty. It was easy and close and I hear it was the longest show around in the area. We were impressed. I thought for sure Jonah would have fallen asleep given that it started well after his bedtime. But he rocked it. He loved every second.
This is what happens when your most favorite sister in the whole wide world walks out of the room. Drama Llama. You can see midway down that he realizes the camera is still there and flashes a few smiles my way. He quickly remembered he was supposed to be throwing a fit over Taryn leaving the room. Funny baby.
2013 mini session clients – it’s time to get your memories out of archive and up on your walls! If you’ve had a 2013 mini session now is the perfect time to grab those extra images at a discounted rate! BUY YOURS HERE! Just use the buy an extra image button and send me the image numbers you want to purchase. If you need a new proof shoots just email me at email@example.com and I’ll get it to you right away!
Trifecta of development in a short 30 seconds tonight! We had just finished weighing and measuring Jonah for his 9 month stats and I was plugging them in to an app on my phone. Ty and I were sitting there talking and Jonah got on all 4′s. I quickly called Jase and he came running. Right after he came in the room Jonah started crawling on all 4s. He’s been arming crawling (he’s so fast) for several months but has had zero motivation to use his knees. He then pushed himself up and in to a sitting position and proceeded to clap for himself when he was done! 3 new tricks in 30 seconds, it was THRILLING! So, so exciting! I still can’t believe he did all 3 for the first time at the same time. Super convenient and nice of him to do it while I was entering milestones anyway. Sweet, funny baby. 9 months old already.
Some days around here and low key and others are complete and total chaos. I just never know what I’m going to get when my feet hit the ground each morning. Today was a total chaos day. A few highlights…
- While getting ready to leave the house I went to my bedroom to get dressed. I hear the inevitable scuffling and rushed through my routine to go see what was going on. Jude and Taryn were sword fighting with a toilet brush (gross) and a toothbrush. Ugh. Both were wet (grosser). So was the floor. I scolded them both and added “buy new toothbrush for Taryn” to my to do list.
- After lunch we hit Whole Foods. As I was getting Jonah settled in the shopping cart Jude put his hands on the glass door leading in to the store. Just as he did that Taryn stepped back. When she did she was on the automatic sensor to cause the glass door to open. Jude’s arm and hand got stuck in between the glass and the sliding door. He was quick on his feet and scurried with the movement but his arm was twisted inside. I quickly turns and tried to force the door closed but it would not budge. I managed to squeeze his arm out from between even though it was twisted. Thank God his arm wasn’t broken! Totally fine but his eyes were huge with fear.
- Once inside Taryn and Jude decided it would be fun to touch every.single.damn.thing.in.the.store.
- They also decided it would be fun to pretend to be birds and flap their wings as they followed me up and down the crowded aisles.
- Almost done, and anxious to get out of there, I remembered I needed parsley. I swooped back around and grabbed a bunch, then headed toward the checkout. As I wait our turn I look down and see Jonah has something in his mouth. I pulled it out and it’s a full size, mushy, chewed on habanero pepper! They were in a case opposite the parsley and the little stinker grabbed one while I parsley shopped! It was dried and thank God it didn’t burn him. I felt like the mother of the year.
Chaos. Total chaos.
2. Ty’s lifeguard gig didn’t work out and he’s now volunteering at the Williamson County Animal Shelter. I’m super proud of him. And I keep reminding myself and everyone else we have all the animals we can handle at this point.
3. Taryn turns 8 tomorrow. Eight?!?! How did my sweet baby girl get so big?! She’s so stinking fabulous and unique in her own right. Most days, I’ll be honest, she exhausts me. But she also makes me laugh and is full of entertainment. I’ve often said she’s more work than all my boys put together, and that is true. I’m so proud of her and love her fun spunky big personality. Her current request on her birthday eve is that we call her “Queen Taryn” for the day. Not because she’s anywhere near being interested in princesses, but she *is* all about being in charge. There ya go.
4. I laid down next to Taryn tonight while she read before bed. I watched her read for a few minutes, studying her profile and all the fabulous little freckles that live on her face, and I asked her if she wanted to hear about the day she was born. Of course she did. It was so fun to relive that day with her.
5. Taryn’s birthday wish list included: 1. A live dragon 2. A Coyote 3. Going camping. #1 and #2 weren’t happening for obvious reasons and it’s way too freaking hot at the end of July for #3. Sooooo, she chose to go swimming on her birthday. And that’s the plan!
6. Over the last month or so I have searched and searched for a great facebook group dedicated to nutrition and kids that takes a holistic, natural approach. I haven’t been able to find just what I was looking for so I finally created one. If you are raising foodies, interested in nutrition, want to avoid chemicals, etc. please feel free to join RAISING FOODIES.
7. Jonah took a tumble off our bed last week. His fearless dive was scary for all but thankfully after a chiropractic adjustment, he’s fine. We now have our bed in storage and our mattress on the floor. Jason can get him in the crib easily, but I’m too short and my arms aren’t long enough. It just wasn’t working. So now we have a mattress on the floor and a constant baby proof room. Nap time always ends with the “BOING” sound of him playing with the doorstop. Reminds me of a certain little duder who was once obsessed with door stops.
8. In addition to diving off furniture, he is ev.ery.where. He’s army crawling and so fast. I feel like we are in a constant state of watching the floors for every little lego, puzzle piece and random fuzz.
9. His current favorite thing to do is to climb IN the fireplace. I found this child proofing idea on pinterest and Jase built it for me. You can see Jonah is less than impressed but the big kids love the chalkboard.
10. I got an ice cream maker for my birthday a few weeks ago and have been trying out various healthy dairy free recipes here and there. We haven’t quite perfected it yet. Any tips out there for coconut milk ice cream?
This family is one of my favorite sessions each fall. I love catching up with them and hearing whats new in the world of Carmen, Mathilde and their parents. I love the energy that Carmen brings, I can hear it and feel it through the images, I love that. If you can imagine a dog rolling it’s eyes at me and my camera, go for it, you’ll see Mathilde! Ha! We’re buds, even if she won’t admit it!
Miss Anna is 4 years old but her family is about to be a family of 4. I can’t wait to meet their sweet new baby boy here in just a few weeks. Have I mentioned lately that downtown Austin at sunrise is one of my favorite places to be?! Getting up while it’s dark stinks but it is always so SO so worth it!