I have too many favorites from this session. I have been photographing this sweet family for years and was beyond thrilled to get to do a newborn session for their new addition. Her big brother absolutely adores her, it was the sweetest thing. And a little behind the scenes secret, in the last image where Jenny is laughing, it was because her oh so sweet baby girl was peeing all over her! Ha! Way to be a good sport in the name of a photo J!
It’s 2:27 am and I should have been in bed hours ago. Jonah has been up 4 times, I don’t know what’s up with him tonight, a new tooth maybe. My email calls, I’m so behind. This blog has been quiet but my life, most definitely, has not. Have I mentioned that birthphotographers.com is participating in the Birth Without Fear Conference in a little over a week. Yes. It’s going to be epic and I’m so stoked about it. But it also falls smack dab in the middle of busy season. Full plate juggling it all? Yes.
And homeschool. We are so close to finishing out for the year I can taste it. Less than 3 weeks from being done and getting a much deserved break after 30+ straight weeks. The kids are finishing up subjects here and there but we won’t be 100% done for another few weeks. Next year we will be done by Sept 1 and it will be so much easier than working full on in to busy season.
So while this blog has been quiet, my life has been anything but. I know that someday I’ll regret how little I’ve blogged this year. I will regret less documentation, less every day writings, less of the good stuff. So that’s why I’m writing at 2:27 am, cause I want to remember.
I’ll want to remember that Jonah took 4 steps toward Jude yesterday and they were both thrilled.
I’ll want to remember how Jonah throws the ball with a squeal. It’s the best thing ever.
I’ll want to remember how Taryn looked so proud today when she finished her Geography for the year.
I’ll want to remember that the way they fill up the dining room table every morning with crafts and glue and legos and puzzles and books and swords and paper. And how they have to clean it all off so we can have dinner every night. That table sits lonely and clean each night waiting for them to get up in the morning and fill it with their interests.
I’ll want to remember how much Taryn wants to ride Ty’s old RipStik.
I’ll want to remember how Jonah dances and bops his head to the sound of the breastpump going. He’ll dance to anything.
I’ll want to remember that even though I’m running around like crazy all the time, and they see me frazzled way too often, I still stop and read them book and hug them and tuck them in. I’m trying, it’s hard, but I’m trying.
And y’all, my baby boy, he’s 11 months old and we are planning his birthday party. How can that be?!
I just realized I never blogged one of my favorite families that I photograph each fall. I am about to meet up with them again and I always love our time together. It’s easy and relaxed, I love that so much.
You steal it daily.
I blinked and you went from a sweet, chubby little baby to smart, fun little girl. I remember when you were about to turn 2, I started to feel like I could just sit and watch you and be entertained for hours. You fascinate me. I think I really could fill my day just being entertained by you, chatting with you, discovering things in a new way with you. You see the world in a way that I never have. God blessed me with you, I believe, as a way to help me slow down and appreciate things in a new way. Things I hadn’t noticed before, things that are beautiful when they are seen and experienced in your sweet, warm, bright and bold way. It’s baffling how you’ve made me slow down yet consistently keep me hopping to keep up with you. You are fascinated with so many things. Your curiousity is so big sometimes, it feels like a full time job keeping up with it. I love it, and I try! It makes me giggle to find you yelling at Google for not giving you the answer you want to your search of “are dragons real?”. I love how your nose is constantly stuck in a book and that you think nothing of talking about a chapter book you recently read, complaining about the parts that bother you, showing love for a good ending, talking about the characters as though I was right there reading it with you all along and should know every part too. At least once or twice a week we find you reading in the middle of the night, flashlight in hand, hiding under the covers. You are doing so great with homeschool. We have had our challenges, but your curiosity is big, you excel at everything you tackle, you love writing in cursive and it amazes me at how many things come easily to you. You love going to enrichment and fitness class, you are stronger and more able bodied than you have ever been. I’m so amazed at how much strength you have now. We often say that you and Jude are like a little old married couple. You bicker together and when you’re apart, you can’t wait to see each other. You don’t like to admit it out loud, but we see in your eyes how much he makes you laugh. I love watching you enjoy him. He is funny and I love when he makes you laugh and you pat him on the head with affection. I also love it when you sneak in and snuggle with him while he’s sleeping. Jonah, oh man, does he ever adore you. You are his favorite. He lights up at the simple mention of your name. He tries so hard to say your name and he loves it when you walk with him around the house. Your relationship with Ty….you truly are a pesky little sister….let’s just leave it at that. I’m so glad we took the above photos when we did, because just a week or so later, you lost one of your top front teeth. You look SO cute right now, but I’m happy to have captured these before you lost the tooth. This year, has by far, been your healthiest year. Every day of good healthy food has helped you, I’m proud of you for trying so hard to be healthy. You even taught your friends and enrichment classmates about GMO’s by teaching a lesson about them. I was so proud of you for making such a positive impact. You are fascinated by animals, you are convinced any large bird flying outside *might* be a dragon. You are happiest being outside, digging in the dirt, building and creating something new, watching and finding animals, swimming (your birthday wish this year was to go to Deep Eddy) and you constantly want to go fishing. Your laugh is loud and contagious. I love you my sweet girl and I hope you have an awesome year.
1. Back to school around here. Well, sorta, in a mixed up, per kid, kinda way. Ty is officially a Sophomore in High School. He loves his schedule and classes so far! He’s taking a lot of technical classes this year, computer programming, robotics, etc.
2. While everyone else is headed back to school, Taryn and Jude are finishing out 2nd grade and kindergarten. It is a little surreal Jude is supposed to be just starting kinder but he’s almost done. He is my first kid I won’t send off to public kinder that will be homeschooled from the beginning. This year has been amazing for him and so far I’m loving our adjusted school schedule. We will typically go from January to September. This year we are a little off because we took some time off when Jonah arrived. But we are set to finish up in October and I cannot wait! As much as I wanted to follow the public school schedule until Ty graduates, it really worked well for us to work through the summer when it’s so blazing hot. It’ll be nice to be done and on break when it’s cooler and we can spend more time outside. Plus that is busy season for me, the break will be awesome. We already have so much planned for our break, it doesn’t feel like we will have much down time.
3. Even though we are on an adjusted homeschool year Taryn and Jude are both going to homeschool enrichment classes this year. PE, art, drama, character building, foreign language and music. It takes so much off my plate and since Jude gets to go this year, I’ll have one day a week with just Jonah. Bring on Wednesdays!!
4. 1st day of homeschool enrichment was a huge success. Jude was super nervous. At pick up he jumped in the car and exclaimed “Momma, I didn’t make one friend, I made ALL THE FRIENDS!” Then he talked about his day without coming up for air all the way home. Great first day!
5. Ty severely dislocated his arm at iFly Austin on Friday. We were celebrating the last day of summer, and as soon as he got in the flight tube, his arm popped right out of socket. Did the adrenaline junkie stop his flight?! No! He kept going. Ugh! One ER visit and a bunch of x-rays later he was discharged. He was given a choice of sedation or using hanging weights to get it back in. He chose the weights and it popped back in before they even let go of the weights and the pain was so much better. They initially thought there might be a fracture but the orthopedist yesterday said he doesn’t believe there is but there could be a bone chipped that is dislodged in his shoulder. He goes for an MRI later this week to rule it out. He’s still in a sling for awhile. Not the end of summer celebration we were hoping for.
6. Thanks to Pinterest and my crafty husband, our fireplace is now Jonah proof. He was obsessed with climbing IN to the fireplace and with the sharp metal edges at the opening, we needed something to block him off. It’s a piece of wood painted with chalkboard paint. We attached it with magnets. I love it. The only downside is Jonah likes to use his fingernails on it. ::::heebiejeebies::::
7. Somehow my baby turned 10 months old this week. I blinked. And it happened. Crazy. Rounding the corner to his first birthday and I’m going to be a mess.
8. If you are wanting a fall session, book NOW! I have less than a handful of spots left!!
9. Last weekend I had the honor of photographing 15 beautiful mommas and nursing babies. If you missed the sneak peek, you can check it out on Facebook. I can’t wait to come share more of the images captured that evening along with stories of their nursing journeys. So beautiful.
10. Speaking of breastfeeding sessions….I am SO excited that Jonah and I have a session with Mae Burke Photography. She’s hands down my most favorite breastfeeding photographer *ever*. She’s doing traveling sessions across Texas, so if you are a nursing momma in Austin, the coastal bend, San Antonio or Dallas, go grab your spot, you won’t regret it!
Getting big, way too fast.
Y’all, the chub was killing me this morning. I won’t lie, there may have been a friendly little pinch or two. Can you blame me?! Seriously, so so sweet!
I finally managed to catch a photo of his new pearly whites!
He’s never slept a full night in his crib. I’m not even entirely sure why we bought one. It is nice to have when I need to spray cloth diapers and don’t want him underfoot. And for the occasional photo op.