If you’ve ever had it you know it is absolutely awful. Like the worst flu you’ve ever had in your life. Plus your boob hurts. And then…..while you feel like death and your rock hard, red, painful boob hurts….you’re supposed to attach yourself to your wiggly, uncooperative, only wants to pinch said painful boob and kick you while nursing, baby. Because he’s the only one that can actually fix the problem efficiently. No, mastitis is NOT fun. I came down with the chills Tuesday night and I should have known then. By Friday morning when I stood up out of bed, I knew. I’ve had mastitis several times with Taryn and one other time early on with Jonah and it always amazes me how quickly it comes on and becomes systemic. I started supplements right away since we try to avoid antibiotics as much as possible. By the 3rd day though, I was getting worried that it wasn’t getting any better, even with me throwing everything I knew to do at it. I know people think I’m crazy for not just taking the antibiotics and feeling better within a day and over the last 5 days I thought, more than once, that I’m crazy too. But but but…..I’ve worked so hard over the last 3 plus years to heal my gut and I finally feel so much better. And I don’t want to tear Jonah’s gut up either. I remember taking antibiotics when Taryn and I had thrush when she was about Jonah’s age and both really did a number on her gut, skin, etc. I don’t want to run the risk of doing that to him, I’ve worked hard on his gut health too. So, I’ve been fighting it naturally. I did so successfully last time and was better in 2 days. I’m not sure why it took so much longer this time but man, it really kicked my butt. Thank God for a supportive husband who drops everything and takes over all my responsibilities plus his own. I’m finally doing much better today, no more flu like symptoms but a lot of breast pain still remains, I think it’s just bruised, at least I hope that’s the case and the mastitis doesn’t return. I’m ready to start a new week and feel well! Breastfeeding is hard, but so so worth it.
Someone is on the move and if you happen to be in the way of where he’s moving, that’s your problem! Ha!
Oh sweet Jane, I love being your paparazzi! 6 years old, time flies!
Sometimes when I see these 3 together I feel like my heart is going to burst. This age gap has been such a blessing. They enjoy him and embrace him.
Ty was off visiting my mom for a few weeks in June. First order of business once he got home was to pass out gifts to the little kids and get on the floor to snuggle Jonah. Obviously, he was missed.
Backtracking a bit and catching up on posting photographs from July. My little firecracker loved the fireworks on the 4th of July. We decided to watch the Leander show just a few miles from our house. I was on call for a birth so we parked on the outskirts for easy escape if I got called in. It was perfect. Jonah sat on my lap and watched in awe. Taryn sat with Jase, Jude sat with Ty. It was easy and close and I hear it was the longest show around in the area. We were impressed. I thought for sure Jonah would have fallen asleep given that it started well after his bedtime. But he rocked it. He loved every second.
This is what happens when your most favorite sister in the whole wide world walks out of the room. Drama Llama. You can see midway down that he realizes the camera is still there and flashes a few smiles my way. He quickly remembered he was supposed to be throwing a fit over Taryn leaving the room. Funny baby.
2013 mini session clients – it’s time to get your memories out of archive and up on your walls! If you’ve had a 2013 mini session now is the perfect time to grab those extra images at a discounted rate! BUY YOURS HERE! Just use the buy an extra image button and send me the image numbers you want to purchase. If you need a new proof shoots just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get it to you right away!
Trifecta of development in a short 30 seconds tonight! We had just finished weighing and measuring Jonah for his 9 month stats and I was plugging them in to an app on my phone. Ty and I were sitting there talking and Jonah got on all 4′s. I quickly called Jase and he came running. Right after he came in the room Jonah started crawling on all 4s. He’s been arming crawling (he’s so fast) for several months but has had zero motivation to use his knees. He then pushed himself up and in to a sitting position and proceeded to clap for himself when he was done! 3 new tricks in 30 seconds, it was THRILLING! So, so exciting! I still can’t believe he did all 3 for the first time at the same time. Super convenient and nice of him to do it while I was entering milestones anyway. Sweet, funny baby. 9 months old already.
Some days around here and low key and others are complete and total chaos. I just never know what I’m going to get when my feet hit the ground each morning. Today was a total chaos day. A few highlights…
- While getting ready to leave the house I went to my bedroom to get dressed. I hear the inevitable scuffling and rushed through my routine to go see what was going on. Jude and Taryn were sword fighting with a toilet brush (gross) and a toothbrush. Ugh. Both were wet (grosser). So was the floor. I scolded them both and added “buy new toothbrush for Taryn” to my to do list.
- After lunch we hit Whole Foods. As I was getting Jonah settled in the shopping cart Jude put his hands on the glass door leading in to the store. Just as he did that Taryn stepped back. When she did she was on the automatic sensor to cause the glass door to open. Jude’s arm and hand got stuck in between the glass and the sliding door. He was quick on his feet and scurried with the movement but his arm was twisted inside. I quickly turns and tried to force the door closed but it would not budge. I managed to squeeze his arm out from between even though it was twisted. Thank God his arm wasn’t broken! Totally fine but his eyes were huge with fear.
- Once inside Taryn and Jude decided it would be fun to touch every.single.damn.thing.in.the.store.
- They also decided it would be fun to pretend to be birds and flap their wings as they followed me up and down the crowded aisles.
- Almost done, and anxious to get out of there, I remembered I needed parsley. I swooped back around and grabbed a bunch, then headed toward the checkout. As I wait our turn I look down and see Jonah has something in his mouth. I pulled it out and it’s a full size, mushy, chewed on habanero pepper! They were in a case opposite the parsley and the little stinker grabbed one while I parsley shopped! It was dried and thank God it didn’t burn him. I felt like the mother of the year.
Chaos. Total chaos.