1. I have come to the realization that I’m never going to catch up. If it didn’t happen in January, it’s probably not going to. I have sessions that are 2 months old that I haven’t blogged yet, not to mention a few births and a stack of personal photos. I haven’t been taking very many photos at home though this month….thankfully the iphone is never far away….
2. This week was the first time since Teagan was around 6 weeks old that I cried before getting out of bed at the mere thought of my husband leaving me alone with the children for the day. It was rough. The worst week we’ve had in awhile. There are days Taryn overwhelms me so much that I feel as though I can’t breathe. I know before I had her, I would have thought horrible things about a mother who would say that out loud. But that was before I had a blond diva who is demanding to an extreme. This week she was in full force and teaching Teagan all her tricks. Early in the week she pushed Teagan down and sat on him, he got mad, screamed and cried and climbed up on my lap. He then threw up all over me and him. I asked Taryn to go get me a towel because if I would have stood up, it would have been bad. She moseys to the bathroom and comes back with one tissue. No honey, a towel, get Mommy a towel please. 2 minutes later she comes back with a washcloth….getting closer and about to gag from the smell I get specific, a bath towel Taryn, get Mommy a bath towel! Zero sense of urgency she saunters back to the bathroom, comes back a few minutes later, no towel in hand, walks right up to me and says “Mommy, can I have a gum ball?” Uhm, NO! I’m covered in puke, go.get.me.a.towel! Oh yeah…….Add in a few sickies and exhaustion and Friday (and the return of mother’s day out) couldn’t get here fast enough.
3. Ty brought me flowers and candy home from school today. He’s so thoughtful.
4. Taryn now plays dress up in her room when she is supposed to be napping, whatever she appears in once she declares sleep time is over, is always a crack up.
5. Teagan says “Bo-Pen” instead of “Open”. I love that.
6. Michele sent me some photos from our little adventure out with our hubbies and I LOVE them. I will come share them soon. I love having photos of just me and Jase, not centered around the kids, something just for us. It’s so rare and I cherish them already. I’m still working on hers….here is one…I love how you can just barely make out the capital building behind them….
7. Teagan got a little motorized 4 wheeler ride-on thing for his birthday. He LOVES it. We decided to give it to him on his actual birthday in an effort to avert the drama it would cause with his sister. Turns out that was a good plan. Although I will say, she is pretty resourceful. She now brings him every single toy of hers that Teagan has ever wanted to touch or play with in an effort to woo his new ‘motorcycle’ away from him. Sometimes it works. What she doesn’t know is that he runs to her room and touches it all the minute she leaves for school anyway…..shhhhhhh, don’t tell!
8. As a result of the ‘motorcycle’ battle between toddlers, when we were checking out of Target yesterday we had a few birthday items and the cashier asked whose birthday it was. I told her Teagan just turned 2 and she wished him a happy birthday. He responded with a prompt and loud “ITS MINE!”. Awesome.
9. I don’t think I’m going to make it to 10….but it is 3 am….one more….
10. Tomorrow is Teagan’s birthday party! Can’t wait for the Stradtner grandparents to roll in.
Sorry you’ve been having a rough go. Hope things improve soon. Have a great time with T’s birthday party!!!!
Just had to tell you that I was laughing about the PUKE episode! Same thing happened to me when Parker was about one, but Bailey was just 2 and could not follow what I was asking so I DID stand up and had puke dripping all over the area rug in our family room. After getting Parker and myself all cleaned up I went into a rage of pure Mommy overwhelmedness (yes, that MUST be a word!) and rolled the rug up and carried it straight to the curb! We still don’t have a rug in there and it’s been about 2 years! HA! Hang in there, I hope your long weekend is a good one!
Regarding #1… one word: INTERN!
I can totally relate to number 2! Jayden can actually make me hyperventilate. Now that’s serious! He can tear up the playroom and I tell him to pick up the toys and he will pick up one at a time and SLOWLY walk to the toy box then stand there and look at me and then DROPS THE TOY ON THE FLOOR! It’s a never ending battle of wills.
Oh and Jayden says “Bo-Pen” too! So cute!
I can TOTALLY relate to number 2!!!
I am passing along the Happy 101 Award to you, you can check it out here: http://pugsnotdrugs.wordpress.com/2010/02/13/if-youre-happy-and-you-know-it/. Share 10 things you love and 10 blogs you love and want to pass the award to!
I totally feel you on the issue of a stubborn little girl. My Olivia is 4.5 and some days I wonder how such a sweet child can make me cry as often as I do. It is rough and they are good at pushing buttons. Don’t worry, none of us are perfect and I hear that it gets better. We will see and love them anyway.
I feel ya on #2 as well, only mine is a boy. I won’t lie, there are days where I am thisclose to calling the zoo and seeing if they have an opening in the monkey cage. It’s exhausting and I’m glad to see that I (and you!) are not alone, lol.
oh my goodness! #2 and #4 could have been written about my OWN daughter. i mean….word for word. so stinkin’ funny when it happens to someone else! but i know how it feels to be in your shoes FOR SURE.
by the way, not sure how i found you. oh yeah, i was searching for maternity pictures on google. i’m a newborn photographer but have had several recent requests for maternity portraits and i suppose it DOES kinda go w/ the territory.
anyway, your work is fabulous! love it. my cousin lives in round rock and is getting married next month so we’ll be in your area! all that snow better be gone (if it’s not already)! 🙂
stop by and visit anytime. 🙂 indyphotography.blogspot.com