1. i am going to be adding A LOT of stuff to the for sale page very, very soon. toddler girl clothes, halloween costumes, pottery barn bedding and a bunch of girls coats. be sure to check back for it!
2. my husband has started a blog. ’tis true. i’m calling him out because the secret is that this isn’t the first time. but it didn’t stick. i’ve encouraged him so many times to blog. so i’m calling him out this time so it’s all public and out there in hopes he’ll keep at it. i think he’s got a lot of valuable things to say. if he posts more than a few times i’ll come back and share the link…..no pressure hon. 😉
3. little t is having a rough day. we’re one week out and it’s been a tough two days. i believe the scabs are starting to come off (sorry, i know that’s sorta gross, but i’m a mom and the word scab doesn’t scare me). she’s had a lot of pain. to make matters worse, the damage done to the inside of her mouth from a blotched intubation is horrible for her. her cheeks on the inside and her tongue are just so painful. she’s not eating at all. no ice cream, no soft foods. a few bites a day and it’s scaring us. i weighed her this morning and she’s down 7 lbs. i really feel like we’ve tried it all. every angle, every tactic, every food choice. she just cried herself to sleep for her nap in my arms and it’s heartbreaking. i’m ready for my girl to be better.
4. did you know that if you are running adobe bridge that you should go in and empty the cache files out every now and then? i had no clue and had never done this. looking at the cache files there was some OLD OLD OLD stuff in there. cleaning it out improved the speed that my bridge runs and performance times about a million. holy wow am i working faster now! bridge was literally at a standstill and i couldn’t even get it to run. i had no clue it put all the thumbnails and previews into my library….although it makes sense. to clear yours, open bridge > click on Adobe Bridge (version) at the top menu bar > preferences > a box will pop up and click on ‘cache’ from the menu on the left > purge. yeah, mine was over 1.5 GB, big.
5. this cracks me up. “MOMMA!!!! I SEE CAKE!!”
My heart is breaking for Taryn (and you). I hope these next few days are better. Any Teagan is just too cute!!! Love the video.
Whoa, my cache was over 5 gbs! THANK YOU.
I’m sending my healing vibes to Taryn. I know it wasn’t anything like she is going through, but I had my tonsils out when I was 20 and it was a very very hard recovery. Childbirth was an easier recovery. So I know a smidgen of the pain she is feeling. Hopefully she’ll wake up one morning (soon) and be back to herself.
Oh poor Taryn 🙁 I had the roof of my mouth damaged from a blotchy intubation and I didn’t eat for 3 days 🙁 Can she drink from a straw or is that a restriction? In case you haven’t tried this yet, try a protein smoothie? I know this is easier said than done, but try not to let the weight loss scare you too much (that has to be about 20% of her body weight though right?!?!) b/c she will gain it back once she starts eating again. Before we found out about the celiac disease, Jayden constantly loss weight b/c he would not eat, but I was sneaking rice cereal in his milk…they are never too old for that IMO if you can get away with it, or you can even sneak some protein powder into T’s milk. Man, I hope she feels better soon.
thanks nia, we’ve tried that. she will drink out of a straw (has to most of the time since she can’t lift a cup due to broken arm). she’s down to 30 lbs as of this morning.
When my sister and I wouldn’t eat, my mom mixed protein powder in with vanilla pudding. Somehow vanilla protein powder made vanilla pudding that much yummier. Who knew? Now I think it sounds gross. : P
Awww, bless her heart! Keep with the protein powder and keep her hydrated. Little ones drop weight so fast, it’s scary. There was a 2 month period where Jayden didn’t eat solids and he was so skinny, but I was determined to keep him from going back into the hospital and the Dr was amazed that he hadn’t lost more weight than he had since he was basically on an all liquid diet by choice. Sneak whatever you can in her favorite drinks and feed her whatever you can through a straw. I know how bad you must feel. I went to bed in tears every night for those 2 months that Jayden wasn’t eating 🙁