1. There are little people in my house. Lots and lots of little people. Little people resembling Taryn & Lily…..
I’m not sure which one has the bedhead, it could really go either way. The third eye in the middle is actually the nose in case you were wondering. Magic Erasers are my friend.
2. Ty was pretty excited a few weeks ago to go to his first UT football game. And by excited, I meen e.x.c.i.t.e.d! I bought him a little disposable camera to put in his pocket. I can only imagine what is on it….when I asked he said he took photos of his food, the 54 oz drink his dad bought him (why?!?) and the jumbotron LOL! Anyway, I’ve been carrying around that little orange camera in my purse for a few weeks and one day Taryn was sitting next to me while I was writing out some checks and said “what is that?” I told her what it was and that I needed to “bring it in and get the photos developed” she asked me if they were going to “come sit on our couch and proof them”…..hehehe……funny kid, I’ve ruined them!
3. The kids wrote letters to Santa the other night. For the first year, Taryn wrote hers by herself. She was proud.
It says “Dear Santa, What I Want For Christmas Is A Talking Buzz…something something something (it’s mean to say with a moving helmet), Taryn. And then a picture of herself so he’ll know who she is. No please or thank you…but I’m proud of her. Big girl.
4. Teagan, oh (almost 2), Teagan. He was ONLY into letter writing if HE got to HOLD the pen.
While I don’t think he full understand the concept of Santa, he did understand we were writing about things we want because he kept saying “more binkies…uhhhhmmmmmm, elmo….uhhhmmmmmmm, buzz!” and tapping his paper. Yeah, that pretty much sums up his list!
5. Jason got a call from one of the network directors at this office over the weekend because they were doing some maintence on their system. Apparently they needed his password to do something to his machine. We were in tears laughing because he had to spell out his password to the director…..t-u-r-d-(“yes sir, d as in dog”)-m-o-n-k-e-y….bwahahahaha! That’ll teach him! ((no worries, he has since changed it!)) Classic.
6. Teagan’s new favorite phrase of the week is “HEY NOW!”
7. Saturday morning we loaded up and took the kids out to eat breakfast. A rare treat for us as 1) I’m usually working on weekend mornings and 2) we live so far out by the time we get everyone out of the house and to a restaurant, everyone is cranky and starving. But we braved it and I’m so glad we did. It was nice. After breakfast we did a little shopping and then went to the Christmas tree farm in Salado to get a Christmas tree. The kids had a great time. Ty was all about the hot chocolate and picking the perfect tree (he found it too!). Taryn was all about the tree swing and the hay ride. Teagan was all about running from us and hiding in the trees. And the popcorn. I don’t even think he noticed we were ON a hayride as he shoved popcorn in his mouth.
Taryn looks good. Doesn’t she look good? I was looking at some photos I never posted from August, when things were really bad before her surgery and she was so thin. We haven’t seen her look this healthy in a long, long time. Healthy rocks.
8. Well, it’s official. We know where this weirdness came from.
9. After our tree was decorated I wanted a photo of the kids, all snuggled up, looking sweet in their pj’s in front of it. Instead I got this:
Yeah. When *are* you going to develop those pictures? There should be one on there of your two favorite guys!!! 😉
L.O.V.E. IT!!!!! Perfect picture.
Loved reading this….especially #1,3,5,8,9 …okay, I loved it all! Thanks for making me laugh “out loud”! ha
Okay, please tell me you are using that as your Christmas card picture if you don’t have them done already! HILARIOUS!!!!! I would print it big! THANK YOU for making my day!
i LOVE 10 on Tuesday!
I hate to be annoying Lindsay, but I think I can top your password story. I was trying to change something on my credit card or something and I wrote my own password question. I thought only I ever saw the password question. Not so. The guy over the phone read it to me and I had to answer. “What is the word you and your husband use for K-Y Jelly?” Yeah.
You have the BEST Family!! Thank you so much for sharing…!!
I love reading your 10 on Tuesdays! I laughed so hard about Jason’s password, that’s too good!
I saw a pic of Taryn last week (I think) and immediately noticed how amazing she looks. She was adorable before, but something about her is sparkling happy now 🙂 Love it!
Love it 🙂 Jayden got the talking Buzz for his birthday and he LOVES it. I bet it will make Taryn a very happy girl!
I really love your photos! Your eye is amazing and I am thinking you have some decent equipment. I am trying to upgrade from the Canon 10D and am consider either the 5D or the newer 7D. Any chance you use one of those?
My favorite photo is the Santa Letter. Based on your inspiration I will be trying the same thing at home with my kids’ stockings.
Thanks for the great photos!
This was a great post. So many funny stories. Love the picture of the ornament. Taryn does look really good and her hair is so cute. The picture of the three kiddos is cute too. Love the way the boys are looking up at Taryn and she looks like she just pinched them or something. 🙂 The password is hilarious but I have to admit Christine’s is much more embarassing (yikes!). 🙂
Thanks so much for the laugh! #5 almost made me pee my pants! After a horrible day i needed that 🙂